Top 6 Brown Smokey Eye Looks
Black VS Brown Smokey Eye Looks
Sometimes we want something a little more subtle that a full glam black smokey eye. Whether it’s because you are sort on time or the thought of even attempting to use the black shade makes you want to run for the hills a brown smokey eye is the prefect eye look. What is great about brown smokey eyes is the fact you can wear it for a day time look or glam it up for the evening, but the best thing is it is much easier to master than the original black smokey eye! We have brought together our top 6 smokey eye looks with a step by step guide to make your makeup routine a lot easier. Read bellow to find out which brown smokey eye is best suited to you!
The Classic Smoky Eye
It’s all about the classic looks. For this look you want to select a range of browns, dark browns and a metallic shade.
- Apply either an eye primer or concealer to your lid area. This will help you keep the eyeshadow on all day long plus it will really help to bring the pigment out of the eyeshadows.
- Apply a light brown matte shade to the lid area and blend out.
- Add a darker shade of brown from the centre of your lid and blend towards the outer part of your eye.
- Apply a dark brown or charcoal shade to your crease and blend, blend, blend. Also apply this shade to just under your lash line.
- Apply some metallic eyeshadow to the centre of your eye to really bring out your eyes.
- Pop on some mascara and a pair of dramatic Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes and you are all set!
The Smudged Smoky Eye
If you have never tried the smudging technique then you really need to! The smudged smokey eye creates such as effortless look and is also super easy… literally just smudge. Select some deep brown shades and a metallic shade to top it all off.
- Like always, apply a primer or concealer to your lid, this is important as it will bring out the pigment in your eyeshadow!
- Apply the lightest shade to your lid, add the darkest shade to your crease (ideally a charcoal brown).
- Grab a fluffy blending brush and blend out. After you are happy with the blending, apply some more of the charcoal brown shade to the outer part of your eyes. Smudge this shade out to create a wing effect.
- Apply a brown liner to your water line. Pop on a pair of Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes.
The Minimal Smoky Eye
Sometimes you want to keep things simple whether it is because you are in a rush or simply want to effortlessly enhance those beautiful eyes of yours. This is the perfect quick fix that will make your eyes pop! Since this is a minimal look, the aim is to select brown smokey shades that are close to your skin tone. A blending brush will also be your BFF when it comes to recreating this eye look.
- Simply select a brown shade close to your skin tone and apply to your lid area. Select a slightly darker shade for your crease and blend it out.
- Blend both the lighter and the darker shade together and apply a brown eyeliner using pencil liner.
- Pop on your favourite mascara and Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes and you are good to go!
The Soft Smoky Eye
Sometimes you want to go all out without looking like you have gone all out… the soft smokey eye does just that.
- Apply a primer or concealer to your lid area.
- Add a matte brown shade to your lid and blend.
- Grab a soft putty shade and blend into your crease, this will give your smokey eye a much softer appearance but still makes your eyes pop! Add this putty brown shade to your lower lash line.
- Apply a light brown liner to your upper and lower water liner. Throw of a pair of Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes.
The Metallic Smoky Eye
Bored of the matte shades, then this is YOUR look.
- Select a combination of metallic bronze and brown shades, the darker the shades the more dramatic the look will be.
- Apply the lighter shade across your lid area and blend out, pop on a more grey, silver or charcoal shade from the centre of your lid towards to the outer part of your eye.
- Add the darkest brown shade to your crease and blend out. Also apply this shade to your lower lash line and blend it out.
- Apply some glittery or metallic pigment to the centre of your lid if you really want to make your eyes pop!
- Grab a pair of Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink false eyelashes and apply them, add some mascara to your bottom lashes.
The Matte Smoky Eye
This is the ultimate brown smokey eye look if you are going something to really bring the lime light to your eyes.
- For this look, it’s all matte shades only! Select a light, medium and an ultra-dark brown eyeshadow for this look. Apply some eyeshadow primer or concealer to your lid area before you begin to apply any eye shadow
- Apply the lightest shade to your lid area, add the medium shade from the centre of your lid and drag it up towards your temple. You need to make sure everything is blended before moving onto the darkest shade.
- Apply the darkest brown matte shade to your crease. You ideally want to pack a good bit on to build up the smokey look. Apply this ultra-dark brown shade to your lower lash line and smudge it out.
- If you want to really go all out, add a deep brown liner to your water line! Add some of your favourite Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink falsies and your matte smokey eye is complete.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org