Tightlining & How to Make Eyeliner Last All Day Long
If you haven’t heard of tightlining before, you will be glad you stumbled on this blog. It’s an amazing way of brightening, widening and making your eyes pop. Tightlining is a little trick that is used by a lot of makeup artists and celebrities use. Basically, tightlining is when you apply eye liner to your upper waterline to create a sultry and dramatic look, however many find that they can’t get their liner to stay in place all day. That is why we have created the ultimate guide coving the step by step process with tips, tricks and little hacks.
How to Apply Eyeliner to Your Waterline
If you are new to the eyeliner world we know it can sound a little overwhelming at first. Just follow our simple step by step guide and you will be a tightline pro in no time. The more you apply eyeliner the easier it becomes, trust us!
- If you are using a pencil or crayon eyeliner, make sure it is sharpened before you use it. To take away the sharpness, rub the eyeliner on the back of your hand until the sharpness has been blunted. If you are using a liquid or gel liner, make sure they have not dried out at all. Eyeliner that is on the drying side can be a struggle to apply and can tough on your eyes.
- When apply the eyeliner to your waterline hold up the lid and use short strokes do the same for your bottom waterline.
- If you are using a liquid or gel liner you can use the ‘stamping’ method. Apply the liner to the brush you are using and apply at in a stamping motion.
- Use a Q-tip / cotton bud to gently pat your water line to make it not so wet. When the waterline is wet when you apply the eyeliner, it won’t last as long.
- If you make any mistakes with the eyeliner when applying, don’t worry you can always use a Q-tip / cotton bud to clean it up later.
- To make sure your liner lasts all day you want to set it in place. We recommend you use an eyeshadow of your choice to set it in place. This can be a coloured eye shadow or a plain black or white. We recommend you use a similar eyeshadow colour to the eyeliner you have used.
- Like all makeup look, a pair of false eyelashes can really make your eyes pop and transform a whole look. We recommend you use the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) lashes for a super full and fluffy look. However, if you are going for a more subtle look but want to wear some falsies we recommend using a pair of good old synthetic eyelashes!
What’s The Best Type of Eyeliner?
We suggest you opt for a waterproof liner when applying it to your waterline. However, we do recommend that you avoid liquid liners in the waterline as this can sting some people’s eyes especially if you have sensitive eyes. It is all really done to what type of liner you work with best. If you are using gel liner, then selecting the right brush will have a big impact on the outcome. We suggest you use either a flat brush or an angled eyeliner brush, again this is up to you and what you work with best.
Choosing the Perfect Eyeliner
It’s all about choosing the right eyeliner and one that suits the look you are wanting to achieve. There are many different eyeliners available in the beauty market such as pencil, crayon, liquid and gel liners. Select an eyeliner that is best for you making sure that you know how to use it correctly.
We suggest if you want your eyeliner to last all day you opt for a waterproof liner. This is very important, especially when you are apply the liner to your water line. Your waterline is called your waterline for a reason, this area of your eye tends to be wet a lot of the time to keep your eyes moisturised. By selecting a waterproof liner, it will certainly last much longer. Remember, waterproof eyeliners are designed for your eyes and investing in a good one will be worth the while. It is also important you use a waterproof liner because a regular liner when applied to your waterline has the tendency to break down leaving you will little black flakes in your eyes (can’t think of anything worse)!
The colour of the eyeliner is also an important factor depending on what look you are going for. If you want to have gorgeous, smokey and sultry eyes we recommend you opt for a black or ultra-black eyeliner. If black isn’t your thing but you want to keep your eyes looking bold why not use colours such as a dark navy or green? If bold eyes aren’t your thing but you love to have your eyes to have more definition then we suggest you try a brown liner. This liner will still give you the definition you need without so much of a smokey eye. Brown eyeliner is also perfect for those with tired or aging eye as it is not as harsh as those darker deep colours. Maybe you simply just want to open up your eyes more and make them seem more awake. If this is the case, we highly recommend you choose a white or nude coloured eyeliner. This will widen your eyes and brighten them the perfect amount for your eye shape. If you are using white or nude eyeliners, we suggest you don’t just tightline your upper waterline but also your lower lash line for the ultimate wide eyed beauty look. If you are wanting to get a little more creative or if you’re off to a festival why not select a neon or jewelled eyeliner colour? Don’t be afraid to get creative! We recommend you use a colour that contrasts with your eye colour if you want to bring attention to those beautiful eyes of yours and make them pop!
When choosing your eyeliner colour, it can be useful to select a colour that suits and compliments your completion and hair colour. For example, if you have fair competition with blonde hair, black liners can seem harsh. However, if this is the look you’re going for, then go ahead!
What Is The Best Type of Powder to Set The Liner?
We suggest you use a matte eye shadow to set the eyeliner in place. This is because eye shadow is designed to be used on the eye area. If the eye shadow was to get into your eyes it will not be as irritable as loose powder may be. In terms of color, it’s up to you and what look you’re going for! If you’re going for a smokey look then add a pop of black eye shadow and blend it out for the ultimate sultry look.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org