The Best Eye Makeup for Brown Eyes
Enhance Your Eyes
We have put together all the best tips and tricks for all you brown eyed beauties! Brown eyes can pretty much pull off any eye shadow colour! However, follow our guide below to create a look that will really make your eyes pop and enhance those beautiful brown eyes!
Prime Those Beautiful Eyes
Before applying any eye shadow it is always best to apply a base, it is up to you what you want to use but we highly recommend you use an eyeshadow primer or concealer. Using a eyeshadow primer or concealer will help your eyeshadow to stay on all day and night. It will also create a great base for the eyeshadow to be applied to which will enhance the pigment in the eye shadows! Select an eyeshadow primer, there is a wide variety out there on the market from hydrating primers to matte primers. Choose the primer which best suits you and the outcome you want. If you are apply concealer, apply to to your eyelid and buff it out. Concealer is great for helping achieve a high pigmented eyeshadow look.
Choose a Warm Base Eyeshadow Shade
Select a warm eyeshadow, this can be any shade with a yellow, gold or red undertone. Apply your chosen shade to your whole eyelid area and blend out. Once you are happy, you can move onto applying the next shade in your crease.
Add a Red Eyeshadow Shade to Your Crease
This is a shade only brown eyes can really pull of so take advantage! Either opt for a deep reddish brown, maroon, burgundy or a bright red. Blend the red shade into your crease blending it with the warm base eyeshadow.
Darken The Crease
This will make your beautiful brown eyes pop and create a smokey look. We suggest selecting a deeper eyeshadow shade than you used previously on your crease. For example, if you choose a bright red, opt for a burgundy shade to smoke out the eye. Make sure you blend this shade out to make sure everything is blended together well.
Apply Metallic Eyeshadow
A metallic eyeshadow shade will really help to enhance your brown eyes. Depending on the look you are going for select a metallic shade, why not try a silver and dark metallic grey? Blend the metallic shade to the centre of your lid and blend out.
Highlight the Inner Corners of Your Eye
You can never go wrong with a pop of highlighter! Using a brush or your finger, apply a bright highlighter to your inner corners (near your tear duct). Keep applying more until you are satisfied with the look.
Now you want to make sure the finished eyeshadow look is looking snatched. Grab a clean eyeshadow blending brush and blend anywhere that may need to blend a little more.
Apply the fake eyelashes! It’s just the same as applying false eyelashes as you normally would don’t worry! Apply a thin layer of glue to the lash band and wait at least 30 – 40 seconds for the lash glue to become tacky. This is very important because if the glue is too wet you will have a struggle getting the lashes to stick and will slip and slide about. Set the stacked lashes on your natural lash line pressing down firmly paying attention to both the inner and outer corners. We suggest you apply your falsies with a lash applicator as this makes sure you get your lashes on first time, mess free and is also more hygienic.
…And you are done! You now have gorgeous unique false eyelashes!
Apply some eyeliner to pull together the look you have created, we recommend a winged liner or a smokey liner, you could also create a cat eye liner which would really complement your eyes. Read below for a guide on different types of eyeliner.
The Pencil Liner
When using a pencil liner, we recommend you warm it up a little so that it will glide on to your lids a lot easier. You should do this by rubbing the pencil in the palms of your hands for a few seconds and that should do just the trick. If you are aiming to create a smokey eye, try heating up the pencil more by holding it over a candle for a few seconds. This will make the liner a creamier constancy making it easier to buff and smudge out with a brush.
Creating the Ultimate Smoky Eye with Pencil Liner
When creating a smokey eye, it’s important that you blend and smudge the product out otherwise it can make you look like you have a black eye. Not to worry though, after following our advice and a little practise, you’ll be a pro at creating smokey eyes in no time.
- Use a dark coloured liner to create the best smokey eye look. Hold the upper eyelid firmly and apply the eyeliner. It is best to apply it starting from the inside corner and to move outwards for the quickest and easiest results. Make sure that the middle of your lid has a thicker layer than at the edges. This will make sure your eyeliner is evenly distributed.
- Grab a smudging brush or a Q-tip and carefully blend the liner out. Be careful not to over smudge out the liner as it will make you look like you have a black eye!
- Choose a dark eye shadow colour we suggest a black, grey, dark blue or green. Apply the eye shadow along were the eyeliner is, this will set the eyeliner so it lasts all day or night. The eye shadow will also help with creating a seamless blend. Keep applying the eye shadow until you are happy with the look, if any areas need cleaning up, use a cotton bud to remove the excess.
- Apply a layer of black mascara and your favourite pair of false eyelashes. We recommend the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink lashes as these are super full and fluffy and will complete the look.
Top tip: a great technique when it comes to creating the prefect smokey eye is to use ‘tightlining’. This is where you apply the eyeliner (usually a pencil, crayon or gel liner) to your upper lids water line. This opens up and brightens the eye, yet still gives you a sultry smokey eye look. For more information on tightlining and how to use this technique, check out our blog page.
This kind of eyeliner is great due to its smooth and glides on very easily. However, it can take a bit of practise to master this time of eyeliner but once you get the hang of it you will love it. Liquid eyeliner is best applied in one sweep, this is to keep the liner straight. If you are new to liquid liner or struggle, why not try and apply it in steps? Start lining the centre of your eyelid, then join to the outer corners.
How To Make Your Eyes Appear Wider. Here is a little trick:
- The aim of this technique is to open up your eyes and give the illusion that they are wider than what they really are.
- Grab a liquid liner (either one in a pot or liquid pencil liner) dab small dots into the gabs between your eyelashes. The aim of this is to avoid creating a line as the dots make the lashes look much thicker. Apply a layer of mascara and through on your favourite pair of falsies.
The Everyday Eyeliner
Not every day do you want to have a full blown smokey eye that is why it’s important to master the eyeliner basics for everyday. After you have practised a few times you’ll be good to go!
- First grab your favourite eyeliner, pull your upper eyelid taut and apply the eyeliner. If you are using gel try to do the line in one sweep to keep it thin. If you feel you’re not so confident with the eyeliner, why not try lining your lid with a dark black or grey eye shadow? This can be as subtle as you want it to be, if you want it to be darker keep applying more shadow until you are happy with the look. If you have used eyeshadow, try running some eyeliner over the eye shadow. Top tip: when applying eyeliner, make sure you are in a good position. Try resting your elbows on the table, this will give you extra steadiness.
- If you have simply just applied the eyeliner, then we recommend you set it with some eyeshadow. Try using a shade similar or the same as the liner colour to keep things looking snatched.
- Apply a small line of eyeliner to your lower lid waterline to complete the look.
Beautiful Bold Eyes
Going on a night out or off to a meal? A beautiful bold eye can really glam things up. Bold eyes look amazing when paired with a bold pair of false eyelashes. We would recommend you opt for a fluffy lash from the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) lashes.
The key to bold eyes it to apply a thicker layer of eyeliner to your lid, we recommend applying some eyeshadow on top of the line and blending this out well. For bold eyes, it is up to you if you want to add a wing or not. Remember if you do add a wing to make sure make sure the thicker part is in the centre.
The Cat Eye
This is one of our favourite looks, it is super flattering on most eye shapes and can really enhance your eyes. A cat eye look is perfect for day or night wear and if you want to glam it up adding some eyeshadow will do just the trick.
- Decide which type eyeliner you work best with (pencil, crayon, liquid or gel) any liner can be used. Hold your upper eyelid taut and begin to apply the liner. You may want to start in the middle and join up the sides. Make sure that the liner on the inner corners is pulled down to your tear duct and create a wing on the outer corner and blend the wing slightly.
- Wait for the eyeliner to dry before blinking or touching the area. If you want to make your eyes appear wider, add some white or nude eyeliner to your lower waterline to make your eyes pop.
- Apply any eye shadow if desired and your favourite pair of false eyelashes. We recommend you use a pair of the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink lashes as these are super fluffy and go perfect with this type of eye look.
Step One: Choose the Best Formula for You
There is no ‘best’ mascara, of course there are good and bad ones but it’s all about what works best for you and gives the best results. Before purchasing a mascara, decide whether you want waterproof or regular as well as the colour; ultra-black, black or brown, if you’re feeling adventurous why not try a coloured one. The colour you decide on depends on the look you’re going for, ultra-black is the most impactful and dramatic, whilst a brown will give you the benefits of mascara but will keep things looking more natural. You should also keep in mind and ask yourself the question of ‘what do I want from my mascara?’ If you are looking to lengthen your lashes then opt for a lengthening mascara. There are plenty of options such as volume, lengthening, long lasting, 24 hour etc. A top tip is to check the wand the mascara comes in, different wand types will give you different results; a thicker wand will give you more volume whilst a thinner wand will give you more length.
Step Two: Wipe Off the Excess Mascara before Applying
Be sure the wipe any excess mascara off the brush before applying. If you don’t do this then you run the risk of clumpy lashes. However, for some this is the look they are going for so stack up them layers!
Step Three: Apply Mascara to the Lash Root
When it comes to application you want to make the most out of the mascara. It’s always best to start working from the root and towards the end of your lashes. By applying mascara to the root, this gives the appearance of fuller, thicker lashes! Keep repeating this step until you are happy with the amount of volume you’ve achieved. You can also use this method on your bottom eyelashes.
Step Four: The “Out-Up-In” Method
This method makes sure your lashes don’t all clump together and ensures they are more spaced out like your own lashes are. To use the ‘out-up-in’ method start at the outer corner of you eye, apply the mascara at an angle. This will pull the eyelashes up and out helping them appearing much longer. Next, move to the centre of your eye and pull the lashes up and move onto the lashes in your inner corner and pull them in. If you feel you need to be more precise in the inner corner then why not use the tip of the mascara wand?
Step Five: Apply Mascara to Your Bottom Lashes
Use the same technique as you did on your upper lashes, but this time on your bottom lashes. We recommend you use a thinner mascara wand for this as it will help you be more precise and prevent you from getting on your under eye. If you find this hard to do without getting mascara everywhere apply some cello tape underneath your eye or hold a piece of card there. This will prevent mascara getting on your skin and will go on the cello tape or card instead.
Step Six: Finishing Touches
Now that you have applied the mascara properly, you may want to use an eyelash curler or pop on a pair of your favourite false eyelashes. We recommend the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) lashes.
No makeup look is complete without a pair of falsies. We recommend the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes for the ultimate look. The false eyelashes from the luxury 3D collection can be worn up to 25 times and are super light and fluffy. There is a lash style for everyone ranging from natural glam to full glam!
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org