Myth or Truth? Will Eyelash Extensions Ruin Your Real Lashes?
False Eyelash Extensions
When it comes to eyelash extensions there is a lot of information you need to know and understand before getting them done. There is no better feeling than waking up with gorgeous, full and fluffy lashes. Having your eyelashes already on saves a good 5 minutes each morning, what’s not to love? However, lash extensions do have their down sides such as damaged natural lashes if not cared for and a lot of upkeep. Let’s get to the point… do eyelash extensions ruin your real lashes?
Our Top Tips for Eyelash Extensions:
- Avoid steam and wetting your lashes for the first 48 hours. If you extensions get into contact with water or steam before this time period, the glue bond between your real eyelashes and your extensions will break. This will result in your lashes coming out way before they are due to naturally.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. When you rub your eyes you will tough and pull on your extensions which will lead to them falling out prematurely. You should also be careful when removing any eye makeup that you don’t rub your eyes as this is super bad for your falsies.
- Don’t use any oil-based products or any heavy creams around your eyes. Any products that have oil in used around your lash extensions will damage the bond between your real lashes and extensions causing them to fall out.
- Try switching your regular pillow case with a silk pillow case. Just like it is better for your hair it is also better for your extensions whilst you are sleeping.
- Avoid wear eye makeup such as mascara, eye liner and eye shadow. These products can be difficult to remove without damaging your lashes.
- Always go to a certified lash tech who is qualified and is insured. It can be tempting to go to someone who is doing extensions super cheap but you never know if they are using safe products. If beauticians don’t use the right glue or apply them properly you could easily end up with an eye infection and in some case, people have actually lost part of their vision! They can also end up really badly damaging your real eyelashes which will take a long time to get them back and healthy again.
Eyelash Extension Don’ts:
- Avoid wearing lash extensions that are too heavy for your eyes. We know how much you may want super thick and voluminous lashes but if they are too heavy for your eyes they will droop and pull on your natural lashes. This will damage the lash follicle and cause your real lashes to fall out!
- Avoid rubbing eyes. Rubbing your eyes will cause the extensions to fall out.
- Don’t wash or clean your lashes before 48 hours of having them done.
- Never, ever try to remove your extensions yourself. You will irritate your eyes and could cause an eye infection!
The Big Question – Should You Give Your Natural Lashes a Break Between Extensions?
This is completely up to you. However, if you feel your eyes are irritated, you have an eye infection or they are uncomfortable. We suggest you take a break for the lash extensions. However, it is not necessary that you give your lashes a break. This is because your natural eyelashes shed and re grow meaning they look after themselves. However, if you find your real lashes are particularly damaged and feel unhealthy give them a little TLC and a break for extensions. There are creams and serums available to give your lashes moisture and help prevent breakage so if you’re having lash problems you should give these ago. To keep your eyelash extensions in great shape, make sure you head back to the salon when an infill in due. This is usually every 3 – 4 weeks if looked after well. If you feel your extensions aren’t looking as great as they used to, you should try switching up the materials used and the style. This can make a worlds difference. You should also make sure you are cleaning your lashes correctly as this makes a big difference when it comes to how long they last and the condition they are in, there are many great lash cleaning products available out there.
Research as shown there is no definite fact that false eyelash extensions definitely ruin your natural lashes. However, there is research evidence that it causes your lashes to become brittle and shorter and some people lose a lot of their natural eyelashes. Caring and cleaning your extensions definitely has an impact on how much damage extensions can cause and research shows caring and cleaning can lessen the damage. Everyone will have different experiences with lash extensions, some will love and some will hate them. Many feel that lash extensions can feel uncomfortable on their eyes, especially if it is their first time wearing them. After wear extensions you will notice that your natural lashes will feel dry, flaky and not so healthy. There is plenty of serums and products out there than claim to help your lashes become healthy again which are worth a try if you have found your lashes are in not so great condition.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at email@example.com