How To Tint Your Eyelashes
How to Tint Eyelashes
Waking up with your eyelashes looking fabulous is definitely a vibe. Whether you want to tint your lashes so you can achieve the ‘no makeup – makeup’ look or if it is to achieve great lashes in-between wearing your false eyelashes tinting is a great option. We have put together the ultimate easy to follow step by step guide to make tinting your eyelashes a breeze.
Step By Step Guide: Eyelash Tinting
- Prep! It is super important to prep your eyelashes just like you would do if you was having any other procedure done with your eyelashes. Start by cleaning your eyelashes, this is to remove any excess makeup products you may not realise you still had there as well as any natural oils. Your eyelashes need to be clean so that the tint can adhere to your eyelashes properly and it will make sure the tint lasts as long as possible. We recommend using an oil free makeup remover and then cleaning any excess off with a little bit of soap and water.
- Now it is time to get prepping the dye. Start by popping some of the cream colour and some of the activator gel on a piece of card or a tray. Make sure these two products don’t come into contact with each other on the card/tray.
- Apply the under eye patches with a small amount of petroleum jelly (this will stop the under eye patches from falling off and is gentle on the skin). The purpose of under eye patches is to prevent the tint from staining your skin as it can be hard work to remove, they also prevent any irritation that could occur if some of the dye was to fall onto your under eye.
4. Grab the applicator or wand and begin to apply the cream colour to your eyelashes. It is recommended that you only apply the cream to one strip of lashes at a time. You may notice that the cream may make your eyelashes clump together a little so grab a clean mascara wand and brush them through. This will also make sure the product has been distributed evenly.
5. After applying the cream colour to your eyelashes, begin to apply some of the activator cream to the lashes. This will do exactly what it says; active the tint.
6. Depending on the lash tinting products or kit you are using follow the timings they advise. Wait for the specified amount of time and remove the dye with a tissue. This part can be quite messy so make sure you are careful and don’t have anything around you that could get stained.
7. Repeat this process on other sections of your eyelashes or your other eye.
Maintaining Your Tinted Lashes
There are certain products and environments you will need to avoid in order to ensure your lashes last as long as possible. You will need to avoid all oils and oil based products, this may mean you might need to change the skincare and makeup products you use to oil free. You will also need to make sure that any makeup remover you use around your eye area is also oil free as the oils will affect how long the tint lasts and you will notice the tint will wear of pretty quick. You also need to avoid getting water around your eyelashes, you should also avoid heat and hot temperatures such as the sun if you want your lashes to last.
You should also give your lashes a little TLC since the dye dries out your eyelashes. This is very important if you tint your eyelashes on a regular basis as it causes your lashes to become fragile and brittle. No taking good care of your eyelashes after tinting can result in excessive eyelash loss which will cause your lashes to become sparse looking and the tint will only emphasis it more!
Not sure if lash tinting is for you?
If you feel that tinting your eyelashes isn’t the best option for you, don’t worry! There are plenty of other options available to help you achieve gorgeous dark eyelashes. Some other options include eyelash extensions, false eyelashes, mascara or an eyelash perm. If you are someone who likes to create different looks each day (more natural for work and dramatic for the weekend) we recommend you try our Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink collection. There is a lash style for everyone. If you are unsure of which style to go for we’ve got you! Just head to our other blogs were we cover which eyelashes suit which styles of eyelashes.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org