How to Remove Eyelash Extensions
Removing Eyelash Extensions
Whether you are new to the world of eyelash extensions or you just want a quick refresh we have put together a quick and easy to follow step by step guide. There are several reasons as to why you may need to remove a set of eyelash extensions. Your client may find wearing eyelash extensions uncomfortable or may be struggling to get use to them and therefore needs them to be removed. It may also be because your client has decided it is time to take a break for the health of their real lashes etc. There may also be an instance that your client has an allergic reaction from the glue or products used and needs them to be removed. Eyelash extension removal is something all lash technicians need to know how to do and understand how to remove them properly and safely. If a client comes to you for a removal and not all the work is yours, we strongly advice you only remove the extensions you applied as you are not liable or responsible for someone else’s work. Now let’s talk eyelash extension removal…
Products you need:
- Micro swabs
- Eye Pads
Step by Step Guide: How to Remove Eyelash Extensions
- Firstly, you should always ensure your work space and hands are clean and well sanitised. Make sure all the products you need are in arms reach and are set up beside you.
- Cleanse the eye area and the eyelashes well and once dry apply the eye pads to your client. The purpose of the eye pads are to protect the skin from the eyelash extension remover so make sure you apply the pads under your clients eyes well.
- Grab the micro swab and apply a small amount (a drop) of eyelash extension remover the micro swab.
- Carefully and gently rub the base of the extension with the remover on the micro swab until the lash adhesive begins to break down and weaken. Once the glue has weakened, the eyelash extension will drop off. You should always remove your client’s eyelash extensions in sections as this keeps things neat and you will be able to remove the extensions quicker.
- Continue removing the eyelash extensions until they are all completely removed. Wipe your client’s natural eyelashes to remove any excess adhesive off their eyelashes. This can be done using either a wet washcloth or a baby wipe.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at email@example.com