Step-by-step Guide: How to Apply Classic Eyelash Extensions
How to Apply Classic Eyelash Extensions
Whether you are new to eyelash extension, training or just need a quick refresh here is a simple and easy to follow step by step guide on how to apply a set of Classic eyelash extensions!
- Book your client’s appointment
- Before the appointment slot, ensure all tool and work space is cleaned and sanitised.
- At the appointment, decide what length and curl suits your client best. Consult with your client about the kind of look they wants to achieve.
- Sanitise hands. Cleanse your client’s lashes.
- Apply eye pads to under your clients eyes and apply tape where needed to secure the bottom lashes. Before you begin the process, make sure your client feels comfortable and check their eyes can fully close.
- Grab a micro swab and apply the primer.
- Prep your adhesive by shaking it for at least 60 seconds, apply a small drop of the glue to your jade stone or adhesive ring. Note: always ensure you replace the glue drop every 25-30 minutes (depending on the adhesive used).
- Once your client’s lashes are all prepped, it’s time to get lashing! Remember with a Classic set you will only be applying one extension to one eyelash. Grab your tweezers and begin to separate each of your client’s lashes. Pick up an extension, dip it into the adhesive (keep the glue bead small) and apply it to your client’s eyelash.
- Alternate between your client’s eyes.
- To keep things neat and tidy, brush through the lashes frequently and when needed using a mascara wand / spoolie.
- Once the set of Classic lashes are complete and 95-99% of your client’s natural eyelashes are covered, separate any lashes that may have stuck to the eye pad or together with your tweezer and spoolie.
- Cure the lashes using a Nano mister and apply a sealer.
- Remove all eye pads and tape etc.
- Explain to your client how to properly care and look after their extensions and suggest to them to book themselves in for an infill within 2-3 weeks’ time.
Using Lash Adhesive Correctly
Like most other cosmetic products, lash adhesive to have a shelf life. As there are many different glues on the market there is also different shelf lives and should stick by the shelf life that is stated on the bottle. However, lash adhesives usually last around 4 – 6 weeks after being opened. If you are unsure how long your lash adhesive has been opened for, you can check for the following; cloudiness and stringiness. If you find your adhesive looks cloudy or has become stringy, dispose of it and start with a new bottle. There is no point in trying to use the adhesive when it is like this as it will be super hard to work with and the extensions will fall out faster than they would normally.
When you are lashing, you should also change the glue drop you are using every 15 – 20 minutes as the exposure the air and humidity will affect how well the glue works.
In order to make the most out of your lash glue you will need to ensure you store it correctly. The place you store it in should be a in a cool, dark and dry place so you should avoid leaving it out after you have finishes with it and pop it away.
Always shake the adhesive up
It is super important to remember to always shake the adhesive up before using it. This is because the ingredients in the glue can separate when the bottle is left to sit. For best results it is recommended that you shake it before using and between appointments if you want to make the most out of your beloved lash adhesive.
How to shake your adhesive properly:
- How long do I need to shake it for? Different glues needs various times to mix all ingredients up properly but on average we recommend you shake for 2 minutes.
- Don’t just shake the bottle gently, it needs to be shaken up very, very well. You will know if you have shaken it well enough if your arm aches a little. If you don’t want to keep shaking it up yourself, you can actually get a little machine that shakes it for you! Yep, there is pretty much an easy solution to everything.
- Don’t shake your lash adhesive with the lid or cap on. No we aren’t that stupid, we don’t mean just shake it so it lands everywhere. Instead of shaking it up with the cap or lid on use any kind of lint free material, tin foil is a popular way but you could also use a makeup sponge if you don’t have any tin foil at hand.
- In order to remove any bubbles that sometimes occur in your adhesive after shaking, pop the nozzle back on and make sure it is the right way up. Gently squeeze the bottle to release any trapped air. This is very important as the bubbles can affect your drop.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at email@example.com