Fiber Mascara VS False Eyelashes
Ok, first things first what is fiber mascara?
Fiber mascara is basically the same as a “regular” mascara, except that the mascara formula is filled with tiny nylon, silk, or rayon fibers that adhere to your lashes to make them look noticeably denser and more voluminous with each application. You apply it the same way as you would with any other mascara and must remove it before bed each time you wear it.
How to Apply Fiber Mascara:
Okay yes it may sound pretty daunting if you have never used a fiber mascara before but you will be surprised it is actually pretty easy to use most fiber mascaras. Simply apply the fiber mascara as you would do with any normal mascara.
However, some fiber mascaras require a few steps. First you will need to curl your natural eyelashes using an eyelash curler. Next, apply the activating base coat of mascara. After, apply the fibers to the lashes just like you would do with a normal mascara. Top tip: focus on apply the fibers to the tips of your lashes so the fibers are able to attach to your natural hairs. Make sure you also sweep the brush through from the root of your lashes near you lash line and all the way to the end. This will give you the most volume and fullness. To complete, pop on another coat of mascara just as explained.
The Pros of Fiber Mascara:
- Fiber mascara contains extending lash fibers giving you longer and thicker looking eyelashes. This mascara is perfect for those who want a more natural look than false eyelashes do. Applying mascara is faster process than applying false eyelashes. However, we have out together a guide on speeding up your fake eyelash application to minutes.
- Fiber mascaras are also great for windy weather as you won’t have to worry about them flying off! Fibers mascara is packaged in a tube with a mascara wand that allows you to apply them directly to your lashes just like ordinary mascara.
- So how does it work? The synthetic fibers attach to your natural eyelashes which helps to extend your lashes whilst bulking up the spaces in between for volume. However, if you are not one for a natural look this probably isn’t the best option for you. If you are a firm lover of the volume that false eyelashes give, why not apply some fiber mascara to your lashes prior to applying the falsies to give you that extra wow.
The Pros of False Eyelashes
- False eyelashes are actually better for the health of your natural eyelashes than mascara. This is because false eyelashes don’t coat your lashes in a waxy layer (like mascara does). This allows the lashes to remain healthy and minimises damage. If you don’t remove all your mascara before heading to bed then you will begin to get a build-up of product in your lashes. This can cause bacteria to breed and can make your lashes brittle leading to lash loss. Lash adhesive is better since it can easily be removed and peeled off in comparison to mascara!
- There are so many different styles and types of false eyelashes available to suit everyone. When it comes to using fiber mascara you can only really alter the look by applying more or less product.
- It takes only a matter of minutes to transform any makeup look from natural to glam or vice versa. It’s true that nothing beats a good pair of falsies, why do you think mascara advertisements advise how mascara can give you the ‘false eyelash look’. This is because false eyelashes are the queen in the lash industry!
- Once you know how to apply false eyelashes you can apply them in a matter of minutes. If you want to find out more tips, tricks and hacks all to do with applying and wearing false eyelashes the head to our blog page! We also have the ultimate guide for beginners covering everything you need to know about applying false eyelashes. False eyelashes are also reusable, the higher the quality the longer you can wear them for.
- Think of great quality false eyelashes as an investment, our 3D Luxury Mink and Faux Mink lashes are available for under £10 and can be worn up to 25 times! Our synthetic lash collection can be worn up to 15 times and are only £3.95 a pair – bargain!
- False eyelashes are amazing for if you are heading to an event where you may get emotional and cry such as a funeral or watching a sad film. Unlike mascara you will not have streaks down your face and will still look good at the end.
The Cons of Fiber Mascara:
- Although there are many great perks of fiber mascara, unfortunately there are some cons. The fibers in the mascara are very small and thin therefore you may notice that throughout the day it will begin to flake off. This can be really annoying since the mascara tends to flake off under your eyes. Also, will the fibers flaking off the chances are they could get into your eye and cause irritation. We recommend that if you have very sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses you avoid wearing fiber mascara. However, that’s not to say you can’t have absolutely gorgeous voluminous lashes! We have a guide on our blog page full of information on applying false eyelashes when you have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses.
- Fiber mascara tends to have a more sticky texture to it so when applying be careful you don’t stick your bottom eyelashes to the top lashes! Many find throughout the day, if their eyes begin to water slightly, the corners of their eyes start to feel tacky and these lashes clump and stick together.
- Like any mascara you must always remove it before going to bed this is because it is bad for your lashes to sleep with it on. It will cause a build-up of product and could create a breeding ground for bacteria. During the night you won’t be aware if you rub your eyes. If the mascara gets into your eyes then it can cause problems such as irritation especially if you sleep with contacts in. You must also always remove the fiber mascara before swimming or any activity that involves getting your eye lashes wet. When the fiber mascara gets wet it will flake and get into your eyes. Not to mention the black panda eyes you will have at the end (not cute).
- Fiber mascara should not be used like any other mascara if you are attending an event where you may get emotional and shed some tears. This is because you will more than likely end up with black streaks down your face. Try to stick for false eyelashes if you don’t want to go bare.
- At the end of the day it is all about trying new things out and seeing what suits you best.
The Cons of False Eyelashes
- Pretty much any of the cons of false eyelashes are to do with people not understanding how to properly use, apply or wear false eyelashes. All of these problems can be solved super easily, simply head to our blog page where we cover every last thing to do with false eyelashes! From beginner’s guides, tricks and tips and hacks to DIY eyelashes and selecting the best eyelashes for your eye shape. Like we always say… if in doubt check the blog out!
- If you are new to wearing false eyelashes it can be a little daunting when it comes to deciding what style will suit you best. We have put together many guides covering what eye shapes suit which lash styles best. However, there really is no right or wrong and should be used as a guide. In the beauty world it is all about getting creative and trying new things, you never know the ones you would probably normally wouldn’t try could actually turn out to become your holy grain pair of eyelashes!
- Another con of false eyelashes is if you are new to the falsie world. It is easy to try and apply false eyelashes without reading the best ways to apply. If you are a newbie and you try and apply your lashes with the glue still super wet… then things are gonna get messy. However, our blog pages cover every last thing to do with false eyelashes. If in doubt check the blogs out!
- If you choose to buy super cheap eyelashes from the pound shop then more likely than not they are going to look super fake. False eyelashes don’t need to and should not look super fake! By selecting falsies that look fluffier or have softer looking hairs, this problem should be solved. When buying false eyelashes you should avoid any lashes that loom overly shiny, look very flat and are very plastic looking. In a world full of amazing false eyelashes why would you opt for the tackiest ones?
- False eyelashes if not applied correctly may not stick to your inner and outer corners of your eyes. This is super annoying and is very common but not to worry it is all down to the correct application! We have put together a full guide full of information, tips and tricks and hacks all to make sure those lashes stay in place! Our top tips are to make sure your false eyelashes are the correct size for your eyes. If the lashes are too long simply trim the lash down until it fits your eyes. The more fitted they are the longer they will stay in place for. Another tip to make sure you always wait for the glue to become tacky. If the glue is still wet when you apply the lashes it’s going to be hard work. If the glue is tacky when applying it will be a quick and easy, mess free application and your fake eyelashes will stay in tack all day!
- You must always remove your false eyelashes every time you wear them before going to bed. This is because you can not only damage the falsies by sleeping on them but it could also cause irritation to your eyes. You must also remove your falsies before going swimming or getting them wet to avoid damaging them to get as much wear out of the babies as possible!
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org