False Eyelashes VS Lash Extensions
What’s The Difference?
False Eyelashes: These are also known as strip lashes and can be bought online or in drug stores. False eyelashes can cost anywhere around £3.00 – £30. You can wear these false eyelashes all day but will need to remove them before bed. It roughly takes a few minutes to apply and is a lot healthier for your eyelashes than extensions. Because you apply these when you want, you have the freedom to switch up styles and change your eyelashes to best suit the look you are going for. False eyelash materials include: mink, faux mink, silk, synthetic, human or horse hair.
Eyelash Extensions: These are lashes that are applied directly to your natural eyelashes using glue. You will have to go to a salon and takes around 2-3 hours to apply. Extensions also cost around £60 – £130 each time. The purpose of lash extensions is to wear them continuously for around 2 weeks. This is because once you get extensions you cannot remove them at home and will have to get an infill every 2 weeks as they will outgrow your real lashes. People tend to opt for this option as it cuts down time of apply the falsies every day. Lash extension materials include: mink, faux mink, silk, synthetic, human or horse hair.
- False eyelashes are great for those who like to switch up their eye looks, this is because you apply the false eyelashes the day you want to wear them and take them off before jumping into bed and catching up on them Z’s.
- A great choice for those who want to wear false eyelashes as a one off. Say for example, you’re heading for a photo shoot or a wedding and you don’t normally want to wear makeup or lashes, this is a great option.
- False eyelashes are much lighter weight than lash extensions. This is because the weight of the eyelashes is balanced out on the strip. With lash extensions each eyelash has the weight of several eyelashes which can cause damage to your lashes.
- Believe it or not false eyelashes are actually good for you natural lashes! This is better option that mascara as false eyelashes are much easier to get off. Mascara that is not completely removed will make your lashes become brittle and more prone to eyelash loss.
- False eyelashes take only a couple of minutes to apply and can be applied even quicker if you’ve been wearing them a while. This is super quick in comparison of lash extensions taking on average approx. 2 – 3 hours to apply!
- Cost. False eyelashes are a fraction of the price in comparison to lash extensions (around £80 -£130). With high quality fake eyelashes they can also be worn the same amount of time as well. You can pick up lashes for only £3.95 and 3D Mink and 3D Faux Mink for under £10!
- These are a great option for those wanting to wake up and sleep in their eyelashes. However, because of this you must spend time looking after and caring for your eyelash extensions. If you don’t look after them they look messy quickly.
- The cost. For a full set it could set you back anywhere around £80 – £ 130. You will also need to get infills which cost around £45 – £ 65 every 2 weeks. You should also make sure you are happy to pay this every 2 weeks before deciding lash extensions are for you.
- Infills usually take around 1 hour depending on what set you go for. The fuller the lashes, the longer it will take for your infills to be completed!
- Great for holidays and trips away. You won’t have to worry about applying your falsies before heading down to the pool which is a winning situation. However, you can’t get your extensions wet otherwise they will lose their shape and will cause a lot of the lashes to fall out.
- When wearing extensions you must be careful how you sleep. You must avoid crushing your lashes as they will become misshaped and fall out. In an ideal world, when you have extensions you should sleep on your back. For some people this is a real struggle and many people don’t realise they end up sleeping on their front or side during the night.
- When washing your face you must be careful around your extensions making sure you do not get product in them or get them wet. The same goes for when you are applying makeup. Many recommend that you don’t wear eyeshadow when wearing extensions. This is because excess product falls onto your lashes and causes a build-up of dirt. Your lashes will no longer look cute, full and fluffy.
- If your extensions are done correctly and the beautician is full qualified, trained and had plenty of experience you should have no problem. You should also avoid anywhere offering the service super cheap as they won’t have the experience, equipment and are probably not qualified which can lead to extremely damaged lashes, eye infections and even loss of vision! Little extra advice: if the beautician tells you to cut your real eyelashes or wants to cut them… run for the hills. You should never ever cut your natural eyelashes as it will only cause future problems.
- You must have some natural eyelashes already for the beautician to be able to apply the extensions. This is because the extensions are glued onto your natural lashes. You may find that if you have had extensions done for a while that you have lost a lot of natural eyelashes. This is due to the extensions being too heavy for your lashes and has strained and damaged them causing them to fall out. If this is the case you should have a long break for extensions and stick with false eyelashes for a while until they begin to grow back healthy.
Which is better? False eyelashes or lash extensions?
It is completely your choice! You should take on the advice given above to choose what is best for you. However in terms of keeping your eyelashes healthy, it will always be false eyelashes that do that best. If you are thinking more about convince and no fuss mornings, then it will have to be the lash extensions.
You should also keep in mind the costs, the health of your natural eyelashes and the look you are going for.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at email@example.com