Eyelash Extensions: Which Is Best – Lash Bed or Reclining Chair?
Lash Bed or Reclining Chair?
Whether you are a freshly qualified lash artist looking to set up or you have decided you may want to switch things up you will find everything you need to know right here. A lash bed or a reclining chair is every lash artist must have and it is something worth investing in. It needs to be comfortable and work well for both you and your client so be sure to do you research on it before you take the plunge and purchase. But there are a few things you need to know before making the big decision.
What’s the Difference?
A lash bed is similar to what a massage therapist would use. It is not at all like a bed you sleep on at night as it leans more towards a padded table as it is usually on legs. Most lash beds are not adjustable, however with good research you may be able to find a good lash bed to suit the height you need it to be, whether you prefer to sit or stand up during the service.
A recliner chair can be adjusted to suit the angle you like to lash at and can be moved so the client is more up-right or lead down and can be adjusted throughout the service. It is the most expensive option but is much comfier for you clients.
- The lash bed needs to be comfortable for your client since they are likely to be laying there for around 1 – 2 hours. It is important that your clients are always happy and comfortable throughout the service.
- You should keep in mind that not all your client’s are one size when purchasing a lash bed, we recommend you select one that is around 65cm – 70cm in width.
- You should also always take into account your own comfort as a lash artist as it is you who will be stood and sat round the lash bed for the full day.
- Is the lash bed adjustable? The bed needs to be the right height or adjustable to the height you want to be working at. If it is too high or low down, you may end up with neck or back problems.
- Make sure the base of the bed works for you. You want to be able to smoothly move around the bed without the base getting in your way. Ideally, a lash bed with just the four legs is the one you want to go for unless you are short on storage and need to have extra storage under the lash bed.
- Leg room. This is a must, there is nothing worse than not being able to sit comfortably whilst lashing due to lack of leg room. This is why a simple 4 leg lash bed is best as your legs can sit under the bed.
- Check the material used on the lash bed is easy to clean, sanitise and disinfect. Many lash beds come with plastic vinyl covers which not only protect the bed but are easy to clean after each client.
- If you don’t have much space in your lash area, a lash bed is a great option as it does not take up as much space as a reclining chair does.
However, there are some disadvantage of lash beds:
- Depending on the lash bed you can afford, you may find that the lash bed can become unstable or rickety over time and therefore needs to be replaced.
- A reclining chair is usually more comfortable than a lash bed so keep this in mind when deciding which option to go for.
- Most lash beds cannot be adjusted, this is because the beds are mostly designed and made for massage therapists and you may find yourself spending more if you want one to suit your lashing needs.
- Reclining chairs are much comfier than lash beds for your clients, if you use a reclining chair and your client has previously been used to lash beds you will be winning here.
- When clients have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, they become loyal customers.
- You need the reclining chair to suit your needs, before deciding on a chair make sure it works for you. Does the recliner chair recline as far back as you need it to? Is it comfortable to sit at keep in mind things such as leg room etc .
Disadvantages of Reclining Chairs:
- Reclining chairs are more expensive than your basic lash bed. This is why most lash artists use lash beds instead, weigh up whether it is worth the investment to you.
- They take up more room than a lash bed would. This can be a big no-no for many lash techs as they don’t have the space to use a reclining chair. Aside from them being larger, these is also less room for lash artists to use space around the clients head to put lash supplies. Moving around to pick up supplies you need during the service is not only inconvenient but it also slows the service down.
Extra Advice for Both Lash Beds & Recliner chairs
- When browsing for either a lash bed or recliner chair try to avoid purchasing online unless you have seen and tried it previously in person. Think of it this way, you wouldn’t buy a mattress or sofa online without trying them out for comfort. When trying the bed or chair, be sure to think how your client would, is it comfortable etc.
- Only purchase from a reputable retailer, the last thing you want is to have bought a bed or chair that you through was everything you wanted and more only for it to turn up not fit for use.
- Look around before purchasing for the best price. Don’t just jump at the first one you see as you may end up spending much more than you needed to in the first place.
- See if the retailer offers delivery and installation service. This is important if you are unable to transport it yourself or if it is too heavy for you to lift.
- Check to see if they offer a guarantee or a warranty. Most reputable retailers will offer this, especially if you are investing a lot into a lash bed or recliner chair.
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org