Create the Perfect Smudged Eyeliner Look
When it comes to any ‘smudged’ look it is important to make sure you don’t go overboard as things can quickly become messy. We have put together a step by step guide which will help you achieve the perfect smudged eyeliner look in no time!
1. Use a Primer
It is super important to use a primer if you want your smudged eyeliner to stay on all day, it will also help to create a great base to work on. There are plenty of different eyeshadow primers ranging from hydrating to matte, it is all about what works with you best. However, we do understand that primer is not everyone’s cup of tea. If this is the case, no need to threat we suggest you use a concealer to create a base on your lid area to work on. Concealer is create as it will hide any discolouration whilst creating a base for your smudged eyeliner look. Plus the concealer will also help to prevent any of your eye makeup from moving about throughout the day.
2. Select a Eyeliner Pencil
When it comes to selecting the perfect eyeliner pencil for you, there is a few things you want to keep in mind. When creating the smudged eyeliner look it is important to use a pencil liner rather than a liquid or gel liner. This is because pencil liners are much easier to work with and smudge as liquid and gel liners will dry much faster and don’t work well.
Firstly, are you looking for a more natural look or full glam? If you are opting for a natural look, we recommend you select a brown or grey eyeliner as black and darker shades can be hard to keep looking natural. If you are looking to create a full glam look then select a ultra-black, black or charcoal eyeliner shade.
Secondly, you want to use a pencil liner that is easy to work with and will smoothly glide on. Therefore you should select a liner that states it is creamy or soft. If you already have an eyeliner and it is not creamy or soft, don’t worry you can always warm it up by using these tricks: roll the pencil back and forth in your hands to warm up the pencil or sharpen the pencil and rub the tip on the back of your hand until it becomes warmer and creamier. You could also use a candle or a lighter to warm up the formula by holding the pencil over the flame for around 5 – 10 seconds to make it more of a creamy constancy.
3. Keep Things Simple
Since this look is all about bringing attention to those beautiful eyes of yours, it is best to keep the rest of your face much simpler. We suggest opting for a good base, adding some bronzer and highlighter and filling in the brows, if you want to glam things up a little more pop on a brown or mauve shade lipstick or some gloss.
4. Add the Liner & Smudge
How to smudge:
- Apply the eyeliner to your upper eyelid. We recommend you use an eyeliner pencil or crayon for this as gel or liquid liner won’ smudge as easily or as well. Either use your finger or a buffing brush to smudge out the eyeliner. Be sure to be gentle and careful when doing this as it could easily end up looking like you have a black eye if you go overboard!
- Gradually smudge the eyeliner out until you’re happy.
- Apply a good coat of mascara and pop on your favourite pair of false eyelashes. We recommend the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink lashes as these are super full and fluffy whilst keeping it light weight!
- To apply to your bottom lash line, go through the same process until you’re happy and apply some mascara to the lashes. If you want to go all out, why not apply some dark eyeshadow around where you have smudged to give you more of a smokey affect! This technique will make your eyes look larger and whiter if done correctly!
5. Add Some Eye Shadow
When creating a smokey eye, it’s important that you blend and smudge the product out otherwise it can make you look like you have a black eye. Not to worry though, after following our advice and a little practise, you’ll be a pro at creating smokey eyes in no time.
- Use a dark coloured liner to create the best smokey eye look. Hold the upper eyelid firmly and apply the eyeliner. It is best to apply it starting from the inside corner and to move outwards for the quickest and easiest results. Make sure that the middle of your lid has a thicker layer than at the edges. This will make sure your eyeliner is evenly distributed.
- Grab a smudging brush or a Q-tip and carefully blend the liner out. Be careful not to over smudge out the liner as it will make you look like you have a black eye!
- Choose a dark eye shadow colour we suggest a black, grey, dark blue or green. Apply the eye shadow along were the eyeliner is, this will set the eyeliner so it lasts all day or night. The eye shadow will also help with creating a seamless blend. Keep applying the eye shadow until you are happy with the look, if any areas need cleaning up, use a cotton bud to remove the excess.
- Apply a layer of black mascara and your favourite pair of false eyelashes. We recommend the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink lashes as these are super full and fluffy and will complete the look.
6. Set Your Liner with Powder
We suggest you use a matte eye shadow to set the eyeliner in place. This is because eye shadow is designed to be used on the eye area. If the eye shadow was to get into your eyes it will not be as irritable as loose powder may be. In terms of colour, it’s up to you and what look you’re going for! If you’re going for a smokey look then add a pop of black eye shadow and blend it out for the ultimate sultry look.
7. Add False Eyelashes
No eye makeup look is complete without a pair of your favourite pair of false eyelashes! We suggest using a pair of dramatic lashes to complete this look, why not use a pair of the Luxury 3D Mink or Faux Mink (vegan) false eyelashes?
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org