Guide: Why Your False Eyelashes Won’t Stick!
Once you know how to apply your strip lashes, application will be a breeze! Here are a few steps, tips and tricks we have put together to help eliminate the ‘OMG why won’t my false eyelashes stay on’ scenario!
Trimming the Falsies to size
1. You will need to measure the strip lashes against your natural lashes to see if they need to be trimmed. To do this, place the falsies on top of your natural lashes. If the band is longer than your lash line, you will need to trim them. Tip – your false lashes should start approx. 1cm from the inner corner of the eye where your natural lashes start to darken. When trimming lashes always trim from the outer corner of the false lashes where the hairs are longer, you’ll need the shorter hairs for the inner corners of your eyes. Do not put them past this point as they will feel uncomfortable and not sit right on your eye. Make sure the lashes are not too long on the outer corner either. It is always best to trim them just a little short of where your natural lashes stop to ensure they look their best and do not feel heavy on the eyes.
2. If you choose to add eyeliner to your makeup look, it’s always best to apply this first. Tip – ensure you use a water based eyeliner (most liquid and gel liners) and not an oil based eyeliner (most pencils) or you lashes will not stick properly!
3. It is always worth investing in a good quality lash adhesive. A brilliant one is ‘Duo’ Lash Adhesive as it is available in various colours (black, dark brown, clear, white) and in tubes with different applicators! This is a very important step as the lash glue is what will make or break your lashes staying on all day!
Appling the False Lashes
4. Apply the glue to the back of your hand (if in a tube) or use the wand (if the glue has an applicator). Apply a light, thin layer of adhesive to the band of your false eyelashes, making sure it is evenly distributed. Make sure you wait approx. 30-40 seconds before applying the lashes as this allows the glue to become tacky. Not waiting for the adhesive to become tacky is the most common mistake, it makes it very hard to apply the falsies as they slip and slide around!
5. Once the glue is tacky, grab your Lash Envy Beauty Applicator to apply your strip lashes perfectly first time round! The falsies should sit as close as possible to your natural lash line to give it a seamless look. Start by sticking the centre down and grab the outer corner with the applicators stick them down. Repeat for the inner corner. Do not worry if the lashes are slightly out of place, you still have plenty of time to adjust them before the glue sets. Using the applicator push the band of the strip lashes down in any place where it isn’t as close to the lash line as you with like it. Finally, push down on the band the whole way across to ensure the lashes are secure!