Guide: How to Dip Eyelash Extensions in Adhesive Correctly
Why using eyelash adhesive correctly is so important:
Understanding how to use adhesive properly will help you create a perfect set of eyelash extensions, will keep things neat and tidy plus will help a lot with retention! There are several areas of eyelash adhesive you need to understand in order to get that perfect drop and dip. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know and you will be a pro in no time!
Eyelash Adhesive Care
Shelf Life: Like most other cosmetic products, lash adhesive to have a shelf life. As there are many different glues on the market there is also different shelf lives and should stick by the shelf life that is stated on the bottle. However, lash adhesives usually last around 4 – 6 weeks after being opened. If you are unsure how long your lash adhesive has been opened for, you can check for the following; cloudiness and stringiness. If you find your adhesive looks cloudy or has become stringy, dispose of it and start with a new bottle. There is no point in trying to use the adhesive when it is like this as it will be super hard to work with and the extensions will fall out faster than they would normally.
In order to make the most out of your lash glue you will need to ensure you store it correctly. The place you store it in should be a in a cool, dark and dry place so you should avoid leaving it out after you have finishes with it and pop it away.
Always shake the adhesive up
It is super important to remember to always shake the adhesive up before using it. This is because the ingredients in the glue can separate when the bottle is left to sit. For best results it is recommended that you shake it before using and between appointments if you want to make the most out of your beloved lash adhesive.
How to shake your adhesive properly:
- How long do I need to shake it for? Different glues needs various times to mix all ingredients up properly but on average we recommend you shake for 2 minutes.
- Don’t just shake the bottle gently, it needs to be shaken up very, very well. You will know if you have shaken it well enough if your arm aches a little. If you don’t want to keep shaking it up yourself, you can actually get a little machine that shakes it for you! Yep, there is pretty much an easy solution to everything.
- Don’t shake your lash adhesive with the lid or cap on. No we aren’t that stupid, we don’t mean just shake it so it lands everywhere. Instead of shaking it up with the cap or lid on use any kind of lint free material, tin foil is a popular way but you could also use a makeup sponge if you don’t have any tin foil at hand.
- In order to remove any bubbles that sometimes occur in your adhesive after shaking, pop the nozzle back on and make sure it is the right way up. Gently squeeze the bottle to release any trapped air. This is very important as the bubbles can affect your drop.
When you are lashing, you should also change the glue drop you are using every 15 – 20 minutes as the exposure the air and humidity will affect how well the glue works.
The size of the glue drop is also important. The drop needs to be large enough but be sure to only drop enough glue to last you around 15 – 20 minutes. This is because as soon as you drop the glue it begins to polymerize and after 20 minutes the adhesive starts to dry out and become un-usable. If your adhesive begins to dry out, do not continue to use it as this will have an impact on your client’s retention and you want them extensions to last!
You also need to neutralise the fumes by adding water to the glue drops after 30 minutes especially if the old glue drops are near to your fresh drop. Avoiding doing this can lead to the fresh drop polymerising before it normally should as a result of the fumes from the old drop contaminating the fresh drop.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t dip the extension into the top or bottom of the adhesive. The top and bottom of the glue will be starting to dry out so ensure you only dip into the middle area of your adhesive!
- Don’t use your drop if you have forgotten to shake the bottle as this will affect how well the adhesive works and will defiantly affect retention.
- Don’t work with any glue drops that have begun to dry out or have dried out. This will affect the retention and therefore is a big no-no!
We have a wide range of different styles and materials to make sure we can match everyone’s lash needs!
Luxury 3D Mink Lashes – can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Lashes – vegan and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Luxury 3D Faux Mink Multi Packs – vegan, three pairs of lashes and can be worn 20 – 25 wears if looked after
Synthetic Lashes – vegan and can be worn up to 20 wears if looked after.
For more information on cleaning and caring for your lashes to maximum wear from them. Click here to view our guide!
For more inspiration and creative looks, click here to check out our Instagram (@lash_envy_beauty).
If you have any further questions regarding our lashes please click here to view our FAQ. If your question has not been answered, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org